Wanted: Broken/faulty ATEM TVS HD

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Ed_Mantle

Wanted: Broken/faulty ATEM TVS HD

PostFri May 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Because I presumably don't have enough to occupy myself, I'd like to take on a project that involves using the case of an ATEM Television Studio HD to fit in a PDU that takes up two thirds the space of a Teranex rack shelf.

I'll concede that buying a new ATEM is slightly overkill. Similarly an 'open box' or ex demo version is a bit wasteful. But if anyone finds themselves with a broken one that's not covered by any warranty then I'd gladly take it off your hands for parts.

Am based in the UK but will consider shipping from anywhere.

To clarify, the ATEM Television Studio HD doesn't need to work or have any working parts but the case does need to be intact and in good condition.

I've set up alerts on eBay etc but if anyone knows of someone trying to get rid of one - send them my way.

Thanks

Xtreemtec

Re: Wanted: Broken/faulty ATEM TVS HD

PostTue May 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Why not use 2 Teranex shelf blind panels.. And build your PDU in a plastic box (Hammond or whatever fits in that height behind it?? ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Ed_Mantle

Re: Wanted: Broken/faulty ATEM TVS HD

PostFri Jun 01, 2018 9:47 am

Haven't found one that fits for starters (Hammond do a 13 inch, needs to be about 11). Would need something to be cut down to size (though that's not out of the realms of possibility). Another thing is I'm told it can't be plastic for electrical safety reasons.

Return to Off-Topic