Artist looking for Illustrator display tablet ?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

shunjian

Artist looking for Illustrator display tablet ?

PostThu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am

I am not a professional artist yet .
I am hesitating to pick XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro or Wacom Cintiq 22HD .
My only experience with XP-Pen is the Deco 01.
Yesterday I went to wacom shop and finally got the chance to try on the Wacom Cintiq 22HD , I don't have any experience in drawing on screen but one thing that make me hesitated is the Wacom Cintiq 22HD is quiet hot on the middle top of the screen .
Unfortunately huion do not sell in local store , I got no chance to test it .
And one of my problem is that I am still in the process of stuying to be a artist so I am weak at composition . I heard that with a bigger screen it help to not mess up the composition cuz you can look on the full view while drawing .
I got the money for Cintiq 22HD display drawing tablet , but I am really conflicted whether should I go for the pricey one would it be worth or not ....
I contact the xp-pen service ,they told me this : XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro (2018 model): professional, newest model with a large screen. it's perfect for your needs (except for the highest price) but it's made for professionals; invest in it if you want something to last 8-10years or +
I want a XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro because I could get a big tablet for a small price. Comparable Wacoms were thrice as expensive,

I think it would be nice if someone giving me some suggestion . thanks !

wzp789123

Re: Artist looking for Illustrator display tablet ?

PostMon Apr 10, 2023 6:26 am

I've been using the UGEE drawing tablet(ugee.com), the S1060Wh and U1200 both work very well and are compatible

rafaelrobertson

Re: Artist looking for Illustrator display tablet ?

PostSun May 07, 2023 2:05 pm

shunjian wrote:I am not a professional artist yet .
I am hesitating to pick XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro or Wacom Cintiq 22HD .
My only experience with XP-Pen is the Deco 01.
Yesterday I went to wacom shop and finally got the chance to try on the Wacom Cintiq 22HD , I don't have any experience in drawing on screen but one thing that make me hesitated is the Wacom Cintiq 22HD is quiet hot on the middle top of the screen .
Unfortunately huion do not sell in local store , I got no chance to test it .
And one of my problem is that I am still in the process of stuying to be a artist so I am weak at composition charts. I heard that with a bigger screen it help to not mess up the composition cuz you can look on the full view while drawing .
I got the money for Cintiq 22HD display drawing tablet , but I am really conflicted whether should I go for the pricey one would it be worth or not ....
I contact the xp-pen service ,they told me this : XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro (2018 model): professional, newest model with a large screen. it's perfect for your needs (except for the highest price) but it's made for professionals; invest in it if you want something to last 8-10years or +
I want a XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro because I could get a big tablet for a small price. Comparable Wacoms were thrice as expensive,

I think it would be nice if someone giving me some suggestion . thanks !

It sounds like you are considering both the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro and the Wacom Cintiq 22HD as options for a display drawing tablet, but you are hesitant about which one to choose. One concern you have is the heat generated by the Wacom Cintiq 22HD, which may be uncomfortable during use. Another concern is your inexperience with drawing on a screen, and you are wondering if a larger screen will help with composition.

The XP-Pen service has recommended the Artist 22E Pro for your needs, as it is a professional-grade tablet with a large screen, but also comes with a higher price tag. However, you are also considering the cost of comparable Wacom models, which are significantly more expensive.

It would be helpful to gather more information on both products, such as reviews and specifications, to compare and make an informed decision. You may also want to consider your budget and how long you plan to use the tablet, as the XP-Pen service suggests the Artist 22E Pro is a good long-term investment. Ultimately, it depends on your personal preferences and priorities, such as screen size, performance, and affordability.

Return to Off-Topic