Hyperdeck Studio Repair or Sell

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Bruce Marcho

Hyperdeck Studio Repair or Sell

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 4:58 pm

I'm looking to get my Hyperdeck Studio repaired or to sell. My USB port broke and unable to update. I understand BM doesn't specialize in repairs. Just seeing if someone (Guru) might be able to help or if they would like to purchase. It still works. live in the US. Central Florida Area.

Let me know if you're interested or can provide me with options. We can negotiate rate / price.
You can depend on the Pro!

Michael Bruce Marcho
One Take Creative, LLC.
www.onetakecreative.com

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Repair or Sell

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 pm

Does the hyperdeck not support network firmware updates from some point in time(firmware)??

You might try it before selling it as defective..

Just install the latest version of hyperdeck utility and hook the unit up the your network.. Be sure it is in the same network range as your computer.. And then hope the software detects it.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Bruce Marcho

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 6:09 pm

I haven't tried the network update. This was the first generation model and doubt that it will work but worth a try. Thanks.
You can depend on the Pro!

Michael Bruce Marcho
One Take Creative, LLC.
www.onetakecreative.com

Greg_E

PostSat Sep 07, 2019 1:34 pm

The USB doesn't connect to a computer, or is it physically broken? Physically broken should be an easy fix if the connector is a standard off the shelf part.

An ugly hack would be to solder a USB cable sticking out the back, but would probably work if the connector is hard to buy.

If it no longer connects to a computer and the connector is fine, could be an impossible fix. If you want to pay for shipping, I can take a look, I think I have some of those mini connectors in a box somewhere or maybe pull one from a dead card reader.

We have one of these at work, never even used it because the files are big and we don't need the kind of quality. Our end product is generally only for a class grades, or maybe end up on YouTube. h.264 in mp4 has become the preferred method, or into our Airspeed at XDCam EX. I'm certain I've used our drives in computers by now.

Return to Off-Topic