WTB: URSA Mini 4.6k for parts

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Tristan Pemberton

WTB: URSA Mini 4.6k for parts

PostThu Aug 16, 2018 12:02 am

I've managed to damage my UM4.6k PL beyond repair (BMD's assessment is it's too expensive to repair, and is cheaper to replace).

However, the camera is mostly is good condition. It still turns on and functions to some extent. I've stripped it down and it actual looks to be relatively simple to change parts on. Well, just whole parts (entire PCB etc). I'm looking for another UM4.6k that may not be working, to then swop out parts to see if I can get a single working camera. More an experiment than a scientific technical endeavour.

Got a dead one lying around and you're not quite sure what to do with it?
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

Hbyrne

Re: WTB: URSA Mini 4.6k for parts

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Hello, I have a URSA Mini 4.6k for sale. Let me know if you're still in the market

Xtreemtec

PostFri Sep 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Keep in Mind that there has been Some calibration of the sensor stored in the fpga. So it is better to keep the sensor and fpga as a pair. Otherwise you could end up with strange discoloration, pattern or other funky video errors.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Tristan Pemberton

PostThu Oct 04, 2018 11:56 am

Hbyrne wrote:Hello, I have a URSA Mini 4.6k for sale. Let me know if you're still in the market

Hi. Still for sale? Where are you based? I'm in Australia.

What went wrong with yours?
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

Return to Off-Topic