HDMI to SDI to Ultra mini recorder

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

pwatts

HDMI to SDI to Ultra mini recorder

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 1:20 am

I have an HD camera that I have plugged the HDMI cable into the microconverter box. I took the SDI cable out to the ultra mini recorder and then the thunderbolt cable into the Macbook. I'm not getting any video picture in using wirecast or media express. What do I need to do? Is it a settings issue in the software?

Asgeir Hustad

Re: HDMI to SDI to Ultra mini recorder

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 6:11 pm

There are literally hundreds of possible failure points the way you've described your issue at the moment. Questions you need to answer to actually get reasonably accurate answers without wasting a lot of time include, but are not limited to:

- What camera are you using?
- Have you connected the HDMI from the camera to anything to else to verify that a picture is actually sent?
- By connecting it to e.g. a TV, have you found what resolution and framerate your camera is transmitting?
- Is the LED on the Micro Converter on?
- Does the "Ultra mini recorder" light up when connected to the Macbook?
- Does the UltraStudio Mini light up next to the SDI Input when the SDI cable is connected? Is it blinking, steady or not lighting up at all?
- Have you tested your Thunderbolt cable with any other gear and verified that it's working?
- Have you ensured that the device shows up in Media Express -> Device-dropdown?

etc etc.

Xtreemtec

Re: HDMI to SDI to Ultra mini recorder

PostFri Aug 24, 2018 2:07 pm

Does the camera output 1080P50/60? because the ultra mini recorder will only go up to 1080I..

Cam you verify with a laptop outputting 720P that the ultrastudio does work.. Or do you have Sierra and trouble with the Sierra bug with the BMD drivers.. (Security issues)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Off-Topic