How to use Blackmagic capture hardware in Adobe AIR/AS3?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author
mac.ron

How to use Blackmagic capture hardware in Adobe AIR/AS3?

PostMon Sep 03, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi all!

I am new to this forum, but did not find any helpful answers for my issue so far ... But maybe someone ran into the same problems before and would be able to give an advice ...

I would like to use a Blackmagic capture device (namely an Intensity Shuttle USB 3) within an Adobe AIR Application (written in ActionScript3 under Adobe Animate CC). Normally (by the manual ...), this should be possible by using the flash.media.camera class, but under macOS (tested under 10.12/10.13) with the Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers, the input device is not listed.

On the same machines, when opening Apple QuickTime for example and opening a new recording, the BM Intensity can be selected as input device and works flawlessly with either HDMI or composite sources.

Is there basically any way to get BM capture devices (maybe different models) working under Adobe AIR/Flash development environments? As the Blackmagic devices are supposed to work under Adobe Flash Media Encoder, I was assuming they should be recognized under AIR as well ...?

In case you should have developed a similar project and finally found different capture hardware which works under AIR/Flash/ActionScript3, I would be happy to receive any hint ... macOS would be preferred, if necessary Windows as well.

Thank you and kind regards,
Ron.

Return to Off-Topic