Battery Powering Lightpanels?

Got something to discuss that's not about Blackmagic products? Then check out the Off-Topic forum!
  • Author

Garth McElroy

Battery Powering Lightpanels?

PostSat Apr 20, 2019 1:41 pm

Has anyone made their own battery cable to power an any of the astra 1x1 series lightpanels? I know you can get the v-lock kit or just the cord but they're ridiculously overpriced. Especially if you need multiples. All it is is a 3 pin xlr to d-tap. I found plenty of 4 pin xlr to d-tap online but no 3 pin. Any ideas?

thalen

Re: Battery Powering Lightpanels?

PostMon May 06, 2019 11:03 am

Garth McElroy wrote:Has anyone made their own battery cable to power an any of the astra 1x1 series lightpanels? I know you can get the v-lock kit or just the cord but they're ridiculously overpriced. Especially if you need multiples. All it is is a 3 pin xlr to d-tap. I found plenty of 4 pin xlr to d-tap online but no 3 pin. Any ideas?

How's your research so far? I was helping a buddy installing the new brake kit and cheap offroad tires on his current project when he mentioned about lighting the panels on his Astra 1x1. The battery cable sounds tricky and I'm curious if you made one yourself.

Garth McElroy

Re: Battery Powering Lightpanels?

PostMon May 06, 2019 11:08 am

Ended up just buying the cable for one of my lights. I couldn't find any info on making one. I'd still like to know.

Return to Off-Topic