Speed Editor not turning on with Davinci 18.6

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Bill Walters

Speed Editor not turning on with Davinci 18.6

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 12:52 pm

Hi All,
I recently custom built a Formula One computer to run DaVinci Resolve in mind. The computer is a beast and everything runs beyond expectations!!

I recently purchased the speed editor and hooked it up using the supplied C to C cable and when I launch DaVinci the red lights on the editor do not turn on and the editor dose not work. I have tried both C ports on the back of my computer with the same results.

I have to unplug and re-plug the cable in from the back of my computer to get the speed editor to work. I also hear the "gong" sound both times when I do this. I have also tried a brand new premium C to C cable with the same results?? I have also tried a USB 3 to C cable and that dose not work at all.

I also do not see a listing for the speed editor in preferences-control panels drop down in Davinci.

Am I missing something here or is the unit defective!?!?!

Thanks,
Bill

spdawes

Re: Speed Editor not turning on with Davinci 18.6

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

Bringing this topic back up as I didn't see any response.

I just got a new speed editor with the same results.

- Connection via USB. Resolve sees it, shows it's charging, but none of the buttons light up and nothing works.
- Connection via bluetooth. All works as expected.

Sure, I could live with bluetooth but there's a lag, so I'd prefer to use via a cable connection.

Any ideas?

spdawes

Re: Speed Editor not turning on with Davinci 18.6

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 1:03 am

I believe I have identified the issue.

When first plugged in the unit was allocated an audio driver and appeared under the audio devices. I completely uninstalled the driver, and while it appears as an unknown device the unit now works when connected via usb-c.

It also still works fine via Bluetooth.

I will do more testing and may post more details if it continues to work.

Return to DaVinci Resolve