Streamed ATEM control panel by mistake

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Ole Anderson

Streamed ATEM control panel by mistake

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 2:13 pm

So I finally got the new HD system up and running and head out of town for our volunteers to run. ATEM 1/ME 4K and Livestream Producer. Before I had a chance to view it I got an email from a volunteer saying all they recorded and streamed was a view of the control panel. I tested it and it was working 3 days ago. What can go wrong that would send a view of the control panel out the main outputs? The only thing I see is that the BKGD and MIX buttons were illuminated. Would that do it? As I am typing this I got an email from the guy running the switcher saying that the image did not show up on the multi-view and by all indications it was streaming properly.

Last edited by Ole Anderson on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now you tell me!

Ole Anderson

Lance Lewis

Re: Streamed ATEM control pannel by mistake

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 2:39 pm

The atem has several outputs. You have indicated that you used the "main outputs". If you were actually in an aux output those can be changed via the control software. Can you be more specific of what outputs you were coming out of for your test and did that change
-Lance Lewis
Champion Video
www.ChampionVideoOnline.com
Neenah, WI

Ole Anderson

Re: Streamed ATEM control pannel by mistake

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 3:20 pm

Thank you for responding. Unless something got changed after I left (not likely), output being used to go to the h.264 Pro Recorder (prior to the computer) is SDI Program 1. This would be easier if I weren't 1500 miles away from the ATM and won't return for 60 days.
Now you tell me!

Ole Anderson

Hakan Taube Lyxzen

Re: Streamed ATEM control panel by mistake

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 7:33 pm

There must be something inside Livestream software thats not setup correctly. My guess is that you are using the same computer for both the streaming and running the switcher software. You can't get that signal from the switcher itself because it´s generated inside the computer. I haven´t used Livestream but I know that other streaming softwares can get the computer output as a input for streaming. Maybe someone using Livestream can help you.
Hakan Taube Lyxzen
prostreaming.se

Chad

PostMon Mar 02, 2015 8:33 pm

When the Livestream.com software is running it listens to for the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-1 to switch to "Desktop Sharing Mode" . Which also happen to be the ATEM shortcut for quick cutting to video input #1.

I have accidently pushed this several times and streamed my desktop running the ATEM software instead of the video feed coming in on the capture card.

Ole Anderson

PostThu Mar 12, 2015 12:14 am

Turns out that when Livestream Producer is running, there is a button at the bottom that switches between camera, screen, 2d and 3d view. Someone hit the screen button which streamed our desktop. All is fixed now.
Now you tell me!

Ole Anderson

Return to Getting Started