Intensity Thunderbolt + mac mini + fmle flakiness

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Patrick Mullen

Intensity Thunderbolt + mac mini + fmle flakiness

PostFri Aug 28, 2015 5:32 pm

We are trying to live stream an event. We have a high-end camcorder plugged into an intensity thunderbolt, going into a mac mini running yosemite, with an hdmi splitter for monitoring. For software, we are using adobe flash media live encoder. So we set it all up and test it and it's working. We change some settings on flash, and the sound stops being picked up by the computer. I change the settings back - and the sound is still not being picked up. I rebooted the computer, and the same thing. We messed with the settings in fmle, and then in the desktop video settings, and at one point we had the sound working - but the video stopped being picked up!

Upon further testing, it seems like at any random point in time, either the video feed, the audio feed, or both will cut out. Sometimes a random combination of operations will seemingly bring it back. Sometimes unplugging the thunderbolt and plugging it in will do it, and other times it won't. Sometimes rebooting the computer. I messed with it for several hours and could not find a repeatable operation that would bring the feeds back with any consistency when they went out, nor could I figure out if it was anything I was doing that was making them go away. If all the cables are plugged in correctly, they should be there consistently! Any ideas what could be going on?

Andre Augustin

Re: Intensity Thunderbolt + mac mini + fmle flakiness

PostSun Aug 30, 2015 1:36 am

Try using another encoder software like OBS MP or Wirecast.
Andre Augustin
Bifuteki

Rick Goodman

Re: Intensity Thunderbolt + mac mini + fmle flakiness

PostMon Aug 31, 2015 5:50 am

We had very similar problems with FMLE but switched to OBS, and have had no problems since.

Return to Getting Started