Mirror displays / Dual Screens

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Phil Rogers

Mirror displays / Dual Screens

PostFri Nov 14, 2014 12:40 am

Hi there,

Im wondering if its possible to run a dual screen / mirror display with the Intensity extreme. I feel like this is a very simple task, but have had no luck finding any information on it.
The Intensity Extreme is plugged into (VIA HDMI) Panasonic HD TV.
This is a work setup, andI would like to put this Intensity to work (because its just collecting dust) Im starting to feel like perhaps the Black magic device is not made for this job.

My setup is
iMac 27" - OSX 10.9.4
Black Magic Intensity Extreme - 10.2.2
Panasonic LCD TV

Thanks for any assistance :D

Aaron Willcox

Re: Mirror displays / Dual Screens

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 1:59 am

I came here to find a solution for this as well! Got an external monitor pluggin and and can send stuff through via Premiere Pro etc. But cant mirror my iMac nor see it through VLC either? Any thoughts peeps?

Aaron Willcox

Re: Mirror displays / Dual Screens

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 2:17 am

Albert Chu wrote:Hello,

All of our Thunderbolt capture/playback devices will output on all outputs (outputs are all live), but none will do exactly what you are looking for.

We will not give you additional display or mirror your desktop. When outputting, it will be a pixel for pixel output from applications that initialize the hardware for output. Applications like Premiere, Final Cut, Media Composer and others. That same output over component will be the same output via HDMI as well.

Although our UltraStudio 3D currently has the capability for "Extended Desktop" and will populate another display, this is kind of a legacy feature that was brought back when FCX was initially announced and before we were able to access FCX for direct output. However, this Extended Desktop will not refresh as quickly as a graphics card and is not OpenGL compliant. Extended Desktop will also not be an option when using an application for output.

I guess the short answer is if you are looking to output the same signal over component and HDMI at the same time, you could look at using the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt or Extreme but we do not have anything that will add an additional display.

Well looks like ill be finding another device! Dam

Return to Getting Started