Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

davidburi

Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 5:44 am

Hi,

I was able to stumble upon a very cheap Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K, and after a quick review, found it to be quite worth the price.

However, what I've realized is that the colour profile isn't as flat as I would expect it to be. Is there any way of changing / correcting the colour / contrast / gamma? Right now there is was too much contrast and saturation.

I've noticed that I could technically hook it up to an ATEM, but I'm not keen on buying one of those. I have the Digital Assist, though. Would using the SDI instead of the HDMI do anything different?

Please do let me know!

Thanks
David

Denny Smith

Re: Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K

PostMon Oct 23, 2017 4:53 pm

The color profile is set to Rec 709 to meet broadcast standards, and is not supposed to be flat, which is more of a cinematic color setting. You can control detail, gamma and saturation with a ATEM or the Ardruno Shield setup, the return SDI to the camera is used to control these settings. You could always rent a ATEM HD and set up the camera, once disconnected it keeps the changes made Their are some third party controllers, see the Live Production forum for more info.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Getting Started