Connecting 3 monitors to Resolve 14

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Connecting 3 monitors to Resolve 14

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 am

Folks, this may have been asked before so pardon me for asking here since I cannot find the answer I need. I have a Windows Desktop PC with 2 AMD Radeon GPU cards. It has both HDMI and DP out ports. I currently have 2 PC monitors with HDMI and DP ports, and 1 wall mounted LED TV with HDMI port. It is important to note that I do not have any available slots for a Declink or Infinity cards. Dispensing the conversation about calibrating which I know I have to do, how can I connect the 2 PC monitor and 1 LED TV to my GPU cards on the computer and how do I configure Resolve to display the Resolve editor on the first PC display, the Resolve scopes and media management screens on the second PC display, and output the playback on the LED TV for concurrent viewing (also client viewing)? If anyone has this kind of setup, can you please detail how you have it in place. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Erik Wittbusch

Re: Connecting 3 monitors to Resolve 14

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 6:53 am

Full screen viewer only with Decklink or UltraStudio Video I/O hardware.
Same can be said for serious calibration.

I have up to 4 monitors running.
1x GUI (GPU)
1x Scopes (GPU)
1x Reference Display (Decklink HDMI)
1x Client Display (Decklink SDI + converter)

Ellory Yu

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 7:31 am

Thanks Erik. My issue with this is I don't have an extra PCI slot for a Declink card. I'm thinking about using the Intensity USB3 for the LED TV but that won't give me 4K, only up to 1080p. I have a 3.1 USB port I'm not using but not sure how that will help.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Erik Wittbusch

PostFri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

I have Thunderbolt on my WS and can use the UltraStudios. But the Intensity boxes will do the same.

Return to DaVinci Resolve