Intensity Shuttle HDMI Input Issue.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

luckydenvermint

Intensity Shuttle HDMI Input Issue.

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi all,

The work I do involves capturing footage from CCTV systems with various brands of DVRs.

Black Magic works fine with these systems when using composite but I’m only getting a black screen when trying to use HDMI. The setup is simply the HDMI out on the CCTV DVR to the HDMI in on the black magic then the USB cable into a laptop running the Black Magic software.

Is this a HDCP issue or am I missing something in the settings?

Kind regards,

Andrew Martin

Re: Intensity Shuttle HDMI Input Issue.

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 10:46 am

The intensity shuttle imho is a disastrous incarnation of a device...
It relies on a specific USB chip and driver that hasn't been produced for a no. of yrs.

At best ... Plug ur DVR box into a TV and hit the info button on the TV's remote. Hopefully it'll resolve a resolution and frame rate the box is outputting, then. If it's output is in a true broadcast resolution the IS can use set the control software and recording software to that Res. and frame rate...
That's all providing you can get the pc to recognise the thing in the first place given the above usb hardware / driver problem mentioned above..

Good luck.. A.

Xtreemtec

Re: Intensity Shuttle HDMI Input Issue.

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 5:06 pm

The DVR's are 1080P50/60.. Not compatible with the Shuttle that only does 1080I maximum. Check if you can put the DVR in 720P output mode.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started