Hyperdeck 2 -> Television Studio HD

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Joseph Nova

Hyperdeck 2 -> Television Studio HD

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 8:11 pm

So I recently swapped my television studio for a television studio hd with Web Presenter.
In the past I used HDMI into the Hyperdeck 2 for recording. The TVS HD doesn't have HDMI out so I'm trying to connect the SDI Program Out to my Hyperdeck 2. The Hyperdeck says there's no input. When I take the same SDI cable and plug it into the Web Presenter I see the imagine on the front panel so I know there's a good SDI video signal. I checked the video input settings on the Hyperdeck 2. I set them to SDI. Still no input. Am I missing something??

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Hyperdeck 2 -> Television Studio HD

PostMon Aug 20, 2018 9:50 pm

Did you press the record button on the front of the unit itself to set it into record mode?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Joseph Nova

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 12:35 pm

Tony, when I push the record button it flashes red for a moment then the display shows 'no input'.

Prior to installing the TVS HD, I upgraded the software on the Hyperdeck 2 to version 5.2 That's the only thing I did different. Today I tried installing version 4.4.4. That didn't help.

As a test, I recorded a short video using the HDMI input on the Hyperdeck 2. I then tried to play it back from the SDI Output. Nothing. So I tried the other SDI outputs. None are working. It appears none of the SDI connections on my Hyperdeck are working. This is strange. Could the software upgrade cause this? What version of software should I be running in the Hyperdeck 2?

This is a big problem. I was happy upgrading to the TVS HD but with no HDMI Pgm Out, I cannot use it with my Hyperdeck. I tried going from the TVS to the SDI Pgm In on the Web Presenter and use it's HDMI Out into the Hyperdeck but that's didn't work. I didn't think it would but at this point I'm out of options...short of purchasing a SDI->HDMI mini converter :S

Xtreemtec

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 1:29 pm

What resolution and framerate you have your Atem set?

Because the Hyperdeck 2 won't accept 1080P only 1080i and down... While the TVS HD can run 1080P50 ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Joseph Nova

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Ahhh!!! I'm set at 1050p. I'm not at home but I'll test it and let you know the results. Thx!

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Roll back to firmware 4.3 available on the support page and see if you continue to have troubles recording with the HyperDeck.

As Daniel mentioned, any format higher than 1080p30 will not be detected by the Shuttle so it will need to be below that or a 1080i format coming from the switcher.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Joseph Nova

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 am

Ok, problem solved. I switched to 1080i and everything is working. Thanks for you help!

Return to Getting Started