magnify the captured PIP

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

j2oe1y

magnify the captured PIP

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 2:06 am

I'm using a Atem Production Switchers, I can work on the DVE keyers to capture a portions of an area in the desktop and overlay it on the video of the camera. What I cannot do is to enlarge the PIP to make the capture overlay be readable in case of text.

Thomas Seewald

Re: magnify the captured PIP

PostTue Sep 25, 2018 10:16 am

Sorry, I don‘t understand the concrete question. What is ment with „enlarge“ ? The signal can be displayed in full resolution when not in small sub window. Do you need something like a magnifying glass ?
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

j2oe1y

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 2:08 am

I'm using a Bosch conferencing system that displays the queuing list of participants who wish to speak. I capture this list and display it on top of the meeting video via PIP. I can't increase the size or zoom to make the text bigger for the chairman to read the queuing list.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Hello Joey. You didn't mention which ATEM model you are using. The DVE when in PIP mode can be zoomed larger and possibly cropped to not fill the screen as needed. The Television Studio HD models can zoom to 1:1 which would be full screen. Other models can zoom even larger. This would be the Size control in the Upstream keyer menus for the DVE. If this is not clear, maybe a picture would help.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

j2oe1y

PostSat Sep 29, 2018 3:00 am

I'm using a ATEM 1/ME Production Studio 4K.

Return to Live Production