Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - is it dead?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

discmeister

Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - is it dead?

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 6:41 am

Hi everyone,

I picked up a used Intensity Shuttle 3.0 the other day but I'm wondering if it's actually beyond the point of salvation.

I've installed the latest Desktop Video package. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit with an i-7700K and 32Gb RAM.

Windows sees the device, and lists it in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers as 'Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle'.

As soon as the device is connected, though, I get a popup from Blackmagic Software Update telling me that a Software Update is Required. I click Update Now and after just under a minute, I get a popup telling me that it has updated successfully and that I need to unplug and reconnect the device to reboot it. Doing this, however, just brings up the Software Update prompt again. And again. And again.

Is there a way of ending this Software Update Loop - it's a firmware issue, I presume? - or is this a known sign that the device is dead?

Hope someone can advise,

Kind regards,

John

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - is it dead?

PostMon Jun 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Get in contact with your regions support office and they can provide further details on what we can do to assist in a possible recovery of the device.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

discmeister

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 - is it dead?

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 am

Thanks for the advice. Spoke to technical support in the UK here this morning and they're keen to have a look at it - possibly to reflash, although they warn that it may well be a hardware failure anyway. But they're keen to see what may be causing the issue, so they can feed back into the wider company knowledge base on the matter.

Good attitude from a company. Even if this one is a gonner, I'd consider buying a working one in future!

Regards,

John

Return to Getting Started