First gen Intensity Pro, the system cannot see it at all

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

goran diffner

First gen Intensity Pro, the system cannot see it at all

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 7:45 pm

I bought a used Intensity Pro capture card and I cannot get it work at all so I guess it´s broken. The case is I´m in Sweden and the seller in the US and it was obviously pretty cheap because it´s an old card so I´m starting to think it´s easier to keep it and accept the loss. I mean I will probably loose the tax and shipping i paid so all I will get back is 35 usd and a whole lot of work.

So I thought I should ask here if someone could give me some tips what I can try more in addition to what I already tried before I give up on it completely.

I tried it in four different computers, one Mac Pro 3,1 two hackmacs and one PC that I know works with this card. I already got three of them before so I know. I tried the Desktop Video app from the earliest that is available now to the latest and nothing works the system cannot see it. My other three cards they can see just fine.

I wont even get the you got to upgrade the firmware on any of the computers so I guess he fried it when he pulled it out of his computer or he sprayed something on it to make it shine a little that wasn´t so good or it for some reason got broken during the shipping over here. I don´t really believe the latter myself cause it was packed ok with padding and all and the box was not damaged. It does get hot on the backside of one of the bigger chip but that could be normal.

So any tips what I should try more would be super cool.

goran diffner

Re: First gen Intensity Pro, the system cannot see it at all

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Maybe I should send BM Design an email and ask if they got any tips or is the card to old? I love these cards they are probably the most usefull caprurecard ever and still deliver great results even today.

goran diffner

PostThu Feb 20, 2020 7:44 pm

I have been in contact with the seller and the card was sitting in a win 7 computer. Was there a problem with win 7 and the intensity pro? I´ve only used my cards with macs.

Maybe it´s so old nobody remembers anything about it no more?

Marcel Gandriau

PostThu Feb 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Mine is working fine even under Catalina. With driver 11.4.1.

Marcel
Hackintosh ImacPro1,1, Catalina 10.15.1, Asus C422 + Xeon w-2135, 32GB, 2x Radeon RX 480-8GB , DVR16.1 Studio. Intensity Pro (not 4k). BMPCC

goran diffner

PostFri Feb 21, 2020 11:17 am

Thanks good to know, the latest os x I tried is Maveriks.

Return to Getting Started