Blackmagic products for my laptop

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

FootedPanda

Blackmagic products for my laptop

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 am

I'm really interested into purchasing a product but I keep reading reviews saying that they aren't made for laptops yet. But at the same time I've read that it can...

So can somebody tell me if my laptop (TOSHIBA Satellite P755 64-bit) can handle the Intensity Shuffle for USB 3.0. I have a USB 3.0 port ready, but I don't know if it can handle the power.

Thanks.

MichaelTucker

Re: Blackmagic products for my laptop

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 7:35 am

From all the information that is available, the only laptop that works with a Intensity Shuttle is from MSI.

Seems really stupid that this is the only laptop that will work with the shuttle, when there are many laptops with the Renesus USB3.0 chip as a standard spec.

My Samsung has a similar spec and will read the shuttle as existing(drivers etc.), but will not work with it.

Here is the linkhttp://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail/faqs?sid=3947&pid=4042&os=win

Mike Squires

Re: Blackmagic products for my laptop

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 4:19 pm

It's hit and miss, because the Asus G53 and G74 laptops work with the Shuttle, and they don't use Reneas chips, they use Fresco Logic chips.

You almost have to borrow or buy one and try it out, if it doesn't work, send it back. Yeah, you'll lose some money on a restocking fee, but that's about the only way to do it. And be sure of the vendors return policy for opened hardware.

Return to Getting Started