USB3.0 Budget Laptop that supports Intensity Shuttle

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ivanreel

USB3.0 Budget Laptop that supports Intensity Shuttle

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I am sure all have had this convo. May I ask we go through it one more time? :D

I need to find a budget notebook model where USB 3.0 driver supports the Intensity shuttle. Its a great little encoder idea I have where by I just need to encode low bit rate streams. All software encoders should easily handle on i5 and i3 models. My problem is that I have bought 2 different ASUS and 1 Lenovo and both are not supported?! The Lenovo Ultrabook is fairly sophisticated and has Intel chips. Can't believe BM does not support an Intel iteration of USB3.0 chips?

Just looking for a recommendation. The TigerDirect guys love me ... the pocketbook is taking it hard in order to find this elusive RENASES USB3.0 budget model notebook.

As an aside ... if BM people are on forum. Manufacturers of USB 3.0 host controllers include, but are not limited to, Renesas Electronics, Fresco Logic, ASMedia Technology, Etron, VIA Technologies, Texas Instruments, NEC and Nvidia. As of November 2010, Renesas and Fresco Logic[5] have passed USB-IF certification. So, my question if these entities have passed USB certification why is it that Intensity Shuttle works with some and not others? The BM community could really use a thorough Notebook recommend list to help us buy this otherwise great product!

Thanks all!
Ivan

Mike Squires

Re: USB3.0 Budget Laptop that supports Intensity Shuttle

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 1:12 am

Both the Asus G53 and G74 work with the Intensity Shuttle.

mazzerca

PostThu Oct 25, 2012 6:09 am

Mike Squires wrote:Mike Squires

please mike tell me your configuration sistem on G53 asus!!

Hi! I have a asus g53sx ( Fresco Logic xHCI usb3.0 ) .

after update usb fresco logic drivers I have video on screen.

I use wirecast to stream.
when i hace marked the audio capture the video and the card freeze. I restart the soft disabling the intensity audio input then video comes ok... for a few minutes, sometimes more minutes... sometimes not.

with video composite sd y have more time than components ..

all this theme of usb drivers is very very bad marketing for blackmagicdesign.

Mike Squires

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 4:03 pm

I use driver version 3.5.24.0 that I downloaded from here:

http://station-drivers.com/page/fresco_logic.htm

Hope this helps!

Mike

EDIT:
Also, for the Shuttle drivers, I'm using the ones that come with the latest ATEM drivers, not the ones that come with the newest Desktop Video package.

If you uninstall the Desktop Video drivers, reboot, download and install the ATEM driver (I'm on 3.2 right now), reboot, and when you plug in the Intensity Shuttle, it'll install the drivers. You don't have to actually have an ATEM to install the drivers and software.

Mike Squires

PostSun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 pm

One other thing about streaming. When using the preview window, this uses your graphics card drivers. I'm assuming you have a nvidia GTX460M in your laptop, which drivers are you using for it?

I use the latest regular nvidia drivers, not the Asus ones. You can get them and the modified inf file (in order to be able to install them) from laptopvideo2go.com .

Return to Getting Started