Video Recorder replacement for OSX 10.15

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Allucinari

Video Recorder replacement for OSX 10.15

PostTue Nov 05, 2019 11:40 pm

I have a little project where I am using the Blackmagic Video Recorder USB 2 hardware and the Video Recorder software to ingest VHS tapes. It will still be on going for a few more months, but I realized that Video Recorder will not work in the next version of OSX 10.15. Is there anything (Black magic or otherwise) that will recognize the input from the Blackmagic Video Recorder hardware once I upgrade? I've been trying, but not finding solutions.

Thank you.

costado

Re: Video Recorder replacement for OSX 10.15

PostSat Feb 08, 2020 4:49 pm

I also need help with this specific issue. It seems like the USB video recorder software just disappeared... Did you figure out a solution?

Allucinari

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 7:20 pm

I have figured out nothing that will work with the Black Magic hardware yet. The only solution I've found so far is buying a different companies hardware/software solution. You're the first person responding on the blackmagic site so far.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 7:25 pm

The Video Recorder is a device that has not been in production nor tested with for quite some time. As it also fell under the capture and playback product line, you could look through the various lines that allow for capture to your computer based on your connection needs.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Return to Getting Started