UltraStudio Mini Recorders Not Recognized

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jfredson

UltraStudio Mini Recorders Not Recognized

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 6:13 am

I just bought a couple UltraStudio Mini Recorders and I can't seem to get my PC to recognize them. I've got a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, i7-9700K with a Gigabyte Titan Ridge thunderbolt card that the Mini Recorders are plugged in to.

I've downloaded the Desktop Video Setup app but it just says "No Device Video Device Detected". Is there something else I need to do to get these capture cards working?

I've also installed the Gigabyte Titan Ridge drivers, but I don't have any other thunderbolt devices to test that the card is working.

Do you have any tips for how I might troubleshoot this so that I can get my Mini Recorder capture cards working?

Thanks!

jfredson

Re: UltraStudio Mini Recorders Not Recognized

PostThu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 pm

I've done a ton more troubleshooting with no luck. Here is what I see in my Thunderbolt app and the Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup app with my Nikon D750 turn on in Live View mode and connected via HDMI cable to my Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder which is connected to my Titan Ridge thunderbolt card on my PC.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong that is causing my camera to now show up in the Desktop Video app?

Robert Niessner

PostFri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Gigabyte Titan Ridge is Thunderbolt 3 and UltraStudio Mini Recorder is Thunderbolt 2.

And the UltraStudio Mini Recorder is bus powered by Thunderbolt - so I am not sure if this works out as intended.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

jfredson

PostMon Nov 25, 2019 11:05 pm

Oh man, that's a bummer. Is there a new Blackmagic product that would enable me to connect my camera to my computer using the Titan Ridge thunderbolt card?

Return to Getting Started