Difficulties/Issues with setting up the Iintensity Shuttle

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

ksa1978

Difficulties/Issues with setting up the Iintensity Shuttle

PostFri Dec 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Greetings new members here.
I was checking which section seems most suitable to ask and it seems this is the one.
About 2 months ago I bought the Intensity Shuttle in hopes of capturing video footage from my old cameras but I have seem to ran into several issues.
For reference I was using this video as a guide.
"How to Set Up Black Magic Intensity HD Capture Cards Part 1 - Intensity Shuttle"
In addition to Part 3 of course.
In short I set up my Intensity Shuttle to connect to the USB 3.0 port on my PC (Blue Port) connected the PlayStation 3's Component Cable to connect to it with an HDMI cable to the TV on the other end.
And I had several problems
1.The guide mentions an installation disc which I did not get so I downloaded Desktop video from your website.
2.Strangely even after installation and restarting I have no Blackmagic Design Control Panel to control outputs and such.
3.Blackmagic Media Express not only shows nothing on the screen (Black output or none that is inside the program) It's extremely zoomed in with no clear option of fixing it.
I tried making the PC's resolution 720p and it didn't improve enough for me to see the whole thing.
Please assist me in dealing with this whole fiasco as this device wasn't cheap at all and I would prefer to have it functioning and all.

Thanks in advance

lockhartgary

Re: Difficulties/Issues with setting up the Iintensity Shutt

PostWed Jan 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Reference to #2 of your post, you should have Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility installed. Search for it using windows search and run it. It will allow you to set inputs and outputs.

Return to Getting Started