Intensity shuttle downscale question

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

dA_KiDMaN

Intensity shuttle downscale question

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi BM community.
It's a simple question about BM downscale config in a Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0 capture device on TV studio.

-Situation: I connect the HDMI input from a video mixer program out (HD 1080i format) I use PC with Premiere CS5 as main record soft. It works except for the fact that the video is a little dephased (3 frames delayed) because I'm getting audio from Yamaha analog mixer , so I embedded it from RCA inputs directly at Intensity Shuttle. I'm able to get audio/ video mix in capture premiere CS5 with the delay problem commented.

-Target: Ignoring delay question because I can correct later in edition. The main problem is that I need at same time of capture an analog composite video output that gives signal to our studio monitors in PAL system 576i.

-Tested solutions: My main question... I think that Intensity shuttle is able to capture at same time that it's sending downscaled signal by analog RCA or S-Video. With an analog composite signal input from an old mixer I was getting monitors bypass video PAL output. Now even configuring the blackmagic video setting tool without opening premiere capture soft I'm not able to get a downscaled signal.. obviously selecting HDMI as input if I select HD formats as out the monitors indicate no signal advert, but when I select 576i I'm getting a black screen and using the options for HD-SD out conversion (letterbox-anamorphic)don't give me any results. I found that Premiere has a minimal config panel for change the BM capture settings and it modify the output format when I close program and turn back on BM tool software.

-My troubles: 1. Intensity shuttle native downscale HD (1080i)-SD(PAL sys 576i) not work as I expected and I can't use the RCA/svideo out ports to send monitors analog signal. I will test an external converter to downscale HDMI out port hopefully it bypass signal.
2. Respect delay question is any way to adjust the capture audio time code in premiere. I ignore. Using other soft can correct my issues.

Thanks and excuse my eng.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris C mediante Tapatalk

dA_KiDMaN

Re: Intensity shuttle downscale question

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 12:30 am

Self answered questions based in my experience.
1. BM IShuttle don't downscale HD to SD, at least belong different interfaces digital-analog. HDMI to composite or S-Video in my case. Downscale options tab in BM setup soft don't affect at this propose and adds some delay (0.4 s) on video at the time of capture.
2. Capture options=output format. Capture software such Premiere gives a small possible config that only affect BM driver in output format, besides the capture device only activates output ports when it is required to be used. Rest of time it remains in standby. So that's why I was getting blackscreen in monitors all time.

Final solution for me has been to put an external digital-analog converter. HDMI-Composite attached to output but only show video signal when I open capture window in Premiere.

Answer and correct me if Im wrong.
Thanks

Enviado desde mi Aquaris C mediante Tapatalk

Return to Getting Started