exFAT on Hyperdeck Shuttle-availability?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

WTWall

exFAT on Hyperdeck Shuttle-availability?

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Not answered in a post in another forum, so I'll try here:

When will exFAT be available for Hyperdeck Shuttle?
And can you confirm that existing models can be updated to use exFAT, rather than having to purchase a new unit? Thanks.

WTWall

Re: exFAT on Hyperdeck Shuttle-availability?

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 9:26 am

I'll partially answer my own questions (I just found the press release):

- HyperDeck Software Update 3.5 "...that adds support for the industry standard ExFAT file system"
will be available "... in September 2012 free of charge for all HyperDeck Shuttle, HyperDeck Studio and HyperDeck Studio Pro customers"
That gives BMD 10 more days to release the update. And since such things are always done on the last possible day of the period in which it was promised --

Now my question to BMD is: Is the release of version 3.5 with exFAT still planned "in September"?

Thanks.

WTWall

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 am

Is anyone from BMD able to respond? When will the updated Hyperdeck software v3.5 be released that will provide exFAT? Is it still promised "in September"?

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 6:33 pm

WTWall wrote:And can you confirm that existing models can be updated to use exFAT, rather than having to purchase a new unit? Thanks.

This was posted on this forum. Yes, all the current Hyperdecks will get this.

WTWall wrote:Now my question to BMD is: Is the release of version 3.5 with exFAT still planned "in September"?

Honestly I haven't heard of any additional information. And it's getting pretty close to the line. So, I'll see if I can get an update next week (its Saturday for Australia).
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Neil Adamson

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Bump - anyone know when this is due out?
I have a windows laptop on shoots so would be useful to be able to transfer the movie files from the SSD drives to a portable hard drive on site instead of waiting to get to a machine with the macdrive capability

Return to Getting Started