Recording HDMI from the output of 1080P computer

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

tienhn

Recording HDMI from the output of 1080P computer

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi All,
Forgive me for such a newbee question. I would like to use the HyperDeck Shuttle to record the laptop HDMI output (1920x1080). When I plugged in the HDMI cable from the laptop, my laptop recognized the HyperDeck and switch on the extension monitor output. But the Video LED on the HyperDeck is not on.
Am I missing something? Or HyperDeck is not a solution for this?
Thanks,

Carlos Lopez

Re: Recording HDMI from the output of 1080P computer

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 7:28 pm

Same problem here. For some resolutions and frame rates sometimes the LED goes on, but right now it doesn't want to turn on.

By the way, you need to set your video card color space to YCbCr444. The Hyperdeck Shuttle doesn't accept RGB!!!

Carlos

tienhn

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks,
I changed the display refresh rate to 30Hz then the Video LED lite up. But it only record the "green" channel!!!

Carlos Lopez

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 3:35 pm

That's because your video card is sending RGB instead of YUV. You need to change the color space in your video card to YCbCr444. I have an NVIDIA GeoForce GT 220 and this can be easily done through the NVIDIA Control Panel. You will have to find out how to do this with your video card.

Carlos

tienhn

PostMon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Is there a software converter for this? Mine is an Intel build in display in the HP laptop and it has no such option.

ickball

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 am

hi,,im planning on getting the hyperdeck,,but how does it record to laptop?do i have to buy a doc?or just plug into the pc?i have a mac pro,,thunderbolt port,,i want to record from my gh1 panasonic,,and im edtiing with final cut express 4 HD.can anyone tell me how to set up a editing and recording system with this hyperdeck,,,?oh,,can i edit with final cut express with the editing software they sell here,,?and what is intensity shuttle??i dont know anything about these products,,i have gh1 panny,,final cut express 4 hd,,i have a mac pro 2011,,,i need a capture and editing system,,,what should i get to set up a capture and editing system????

tienhn

PostWed Sep 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Anyone know if the Blackmagic HDMI to SDI converter will help? Can we feed the RGB HDMI signal into the converter box and get SDI out to feed into my Shuttle recorder? It is another $300.00 extra but if it works, I am all for it.

Return to Getting Started