older version of blackmagic media express

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

skitters

older version of blackmagic media express

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 9:35 am

i'm using an intensity pro card which i purchased in 2010 which worked well with my XP system. But i have done a complete re-installation of both blackmagic and cs4 and made the mistake of downloading the latest version of desktop video - which is really for later OS than XP.

But my cs4 won't work with this latest driver and i can';t find my old black disk which had , i think, version 2 of BM Media Express.

Where does one go for one of these older driver?

Bit stuck.

M

Adam Simmons

Re: older version of blackmagic media express

PostSat Sep 14, 2013 6:47 pm

You go to the support page and when you choose your device etc tick the 'include legacy' box
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

skitters

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 5:32 am

thanks for that. I tried it, but couldn't specifically find Media Express so resorted to other combinations of 'intensity' and 'intensity pro' but got nowhere. is there something i am missing here?
thanks

Adam Simmons

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 5:44 am

There is no standalone media express download, it's included in the drivers and modern drivers don't work on XP, so you need to get an older driver version that works under XP and that will include the correct version of media express
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.

skitters

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 9:56 am

that's very useful. thanks. I have found the older driver now, but it still seems to be 'missing' the BM Media Exoress part as, firstly it's only 7 MB in total and secondly when i install it does nothing on the BM ME side (i.e BMME is left empty and is not showing in the player settings of cs4).

I distinctly remember when i took the original drivers off the black disk that Intensity was about 20MB and BMME was about the same.

If there is any way you can help me install them, i'd be very grateful as the best i can do for the moment is download and install Desktop Video - which gives the impression that everything is there and running (even BMME in capture mode only). If i donwnload the older driver you are talking about, i get nothing on the BMME side at all.

thanks again
M

Adam Simmons

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 3:42 pm

I got your email.
The last drivers that worked under Win XP and with CS4 are 3.9.4 which have both the drivers and Media express inside the zip file

Return to Getting Started