Question regarding the Intensity Shuttle.

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Jesse_d

Question regarding the Intensity Shuttle.

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 pm

I am interested in streaming content from my Playstation 3, however I only have one monitor which I use for both my PS3 and computer. I need a capture device that will allow me to view my content from my PS3 on my desktop without lag. My computer supports USB 3.0, will the Intensity Shuttle allow me to view my gameplay in realtime, lag free?

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Question regarding the Intensity Shuttle.

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 10:54 pm

There will be a few frames of delay due to processing when your signal comes into the computer. Also keep in mind that the video will be displayed within a software GUI and will not be full screen. Our best advice to those wishing to capture gameplay is to connect the output of the Intensity to a television/monitor to play in real time while the computer captures the footage. The output will be an unprocessed passthrough of the input when you have the software in its Log & Capture mode.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Question regarding the Intensity Shuttle.

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Well, I don't have a PS3, but can you output HDMI and Component at the same time?

If so you can use the HDMI to a TV for lag free play, then use the Component to the Intensity Shuttle (you can't use HDMI due to HDCP encryption) for record. This way your play is not buggered up by your recording. Any game with a twitch factor will definitely feel the couple frames.

If it doesn't do both, I'd recommend a cheap Component splitter. This will again allow you to output direct to TV and the Shuttle so you don't have to deal with the delay.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started