heat and dust

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

loki

heat and dust

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Dear Folks,

this is my first post in this forum as I just got my black magic pocket cinema camera yesterday from my local reseller here in Hamburg.
Due to the lag of a SDHC Card that is working with the camera I have not shot any footage yet but I already experienced some(hopefully minor) problems.
The first thing I noticed where 2 little Scratches on the plastic parts of the camera which is not that much of an issue but still bothers me a bit as I just got as a new device.
The other two issues are more serious :
I found the camera is getting quite hot when charged and operated with the supplied 12V AC adapter, is this normal ?
I also found a bit of dirt in front of the sensor some which i can actually see on the viewfinder when a a lense is attached, is it safe to remove it with a some air ?

I am really looking forward to shot with this camera though my pleasure is a bit flawed by these issues.

oh I forgot that there where also no DVD with DaVinci Resolve Lite
Software Included in the package as written o the website with the camera specs
I just got the SD Card with the Manual and the Camera Software installation PKG.

best regards,

thomas

surfer030303

Re: heat and dust

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 8:28 am

Hi Thomas,
About the DaVinci Resolve; when you install the SD card, just copy the 2 files in you computer,
then you can see the DVResove manual and the program itself which is DaVinci Lite 10.
The heat is normal for this kiknd of cam.

tungsteno

Re: heat and dust

PostFri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Just received the Pocket but the same issue, no SD card. I tried to put two SDHC 30mb/s 32Gb SanDisk Extreme class 10, one formatted HFS+ and one exFAT and both are not recognized.
since there's nothing that shows that something is working to read the sd card, before to buy another sd card, do you think it could be broken the connection that reads the card? I just received the BPCR and have no other chance to understand if the camera came without the possibility to read cards..
I used the utility to check the version but it said there's no update, i have the latest but doesn't show which one..
and inside the folder of the SD Card for the installation, there's no Davinci Lite..
after have waited so long to have it in Italy, this start is very disappointed..
many thanks. regards.

Return to Getting Started