Anyone using a mic successfully with BMPCC w/o preamp?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

SteveNunez

Anyone using a mic successfully with BMPCC w/o preamp?

PostFri Oct 11, 2013 4:25 am

In wanting to keep the "Pocket" in pocket cam, has anyone used any mics successfully with the BMPCC without using preamps or external recorders? I'm looking for an onboard mic setup that captures audio into the BMPCC without other add-ons......anyone?
My Azden "AAA" powered mic is basically useless and looking for another solution to an onboard mic setup for the BMPCC- any recommendations?

SteveNunez

Re: Anyone using a mic successfully with BMPCC w/o preamp?

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:15 am

Ok, I purchased the "Rode VideoMic Pro Stereo" and I can confirm with +20db the BMPCC will indeed capture clean audio~ very pleased!
It works with a 9V battery for over 100 hours, then replace the standard 9V battery (I'm using rechargeable.)

I think the "non-stereo" version would also work because it too has the +20db setting, have fun guys~~~

Steve DiMaggio

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:22 am

full test here I did tonight, +20 a must, but with lower volume stuff, I personally think the on board mic was the best with acoustic guitar

DerekCooper

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 am

Steve DiMaggio wrote:full test here I did tonight, +20 a must, but with lower volume stuff, I personally think the on board mic was the best with acoustic guitar

Agreed. The acoustic sounded very noisy with the +20db setting on the videomic.

Return to Getting Started