Help getting a picture out of Intensity Shuttle

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

WestsideSxE

Help getting a picture out of Intensity Shuttle

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 am

Hello - I picked up an Intensity Shuttle last Tuesday, and have yet to get a proper picture out of it. I just upgraded the driver/software suite (0.9.4 was what I found when I checked the site originally, must have missed 9.5 by a few hours) and I'm still not getting anything...

ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 Z68 (onboard USB 3.0)
i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz
16gb DDR3-1600 RAM
Win 7 Pro 64bit
Blackmagic Media Express of course

connecting an Xbox 360 slim (R2D2 model to be exact) via HDMI - signal is coming from a powered splitter and the HDMI out is not used at all

I've tried 720p and 1080i at 59.94 and 60 (not sure exactly what the system is putting out) and the most I've ever gotten was a few seconds of flickering picture at 1080i60p letting the Xbox idle on the dashboard - when I switched it to 59.94 thinking it needed that to sync up it stopped entirely and I haven't even seen that since.

My BIOS also has a setting for 'USB 3.0 charging mode' which I tried on and off a few times, thinking the Shuttle was not drawing enough power, with no luck.

Any configuration suggestions? I can't find my component cable for it or I would have tried that route haha

Thanks

dvdb

Re: Help getting a picture out of Intensity Shuttle

PostMon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 am

Same problem over here. Tried two fast computers with onboard USB 3.0 (one very similar to yours), different sources of 1080p via HDMI, made sure no HDCP active. At best a few seconds of image on the output HDMI connector and on Blackmagic Media Express.
No error messages of any kind, just black screen.

Return to Getting Started