Intensity Shuttle Pro 3.0, Asus X 58 Mobo

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

nicolofogus

Intensity Shuttle Pro 3.0, Asus X 58 Mobo

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey there, I recently got a Usb 3.0 Intensity shuttle pro for my comp, which has an x58 Asus sabertooth mobo. and intel core 17 proc (950).

My device manager recognizes the Shuttle pro as a device and says that the device is working properly, with all the updated drivers. However when I open the Blackmagic media express to capture, it says that there's no device connected. I am coming into the shuttle pro via HDMI from my x-box and out of the shuttle pro into my comp via the usb-3.0 cable.

I am running Driver version 2.1.36.0 and Firmware version 3025 accourding to my USB 3.0 Host Info...

I installed the latest drivers and firmware from http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Still no dice getting the capture card to be recognized through the blackmagic media express. I even tried opening it up in Premiere as a capture device, but no luck there either.
What would be the best course of action to get this capture card working on my comp? I can't seem to find a way.

Thanks,

-Nico

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle Pro 3.0, Asus X 58 Mobo

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Is that motherboard using an ASMEDIA USB3 controller or a Renesas? The ASMEDIA controllers tended to be finicky and didn't work.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started