Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

mpgianni71

Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 am

I've installed the lates version Desktop Video 9.6.5 for Windows of the Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0.
The problem is that the manual is not specific for this product so the description of the Blackmagic System Preferences is different.
There is a more specific version of the manual for this product?
I've connected a sony hdr-x260 to the HDMI input of the blackmagic box and the HDMI output of the blackmagic box to the asus monitor.
When I put the camera in play on the monitor do not see anything.
What should I set in the Blackmagic System Preferences?

Thanks
Gianni

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 11:43 pm

The first thing I would do is to click on the device item in the menu bar at the top and make sure it reports Intensity Shuttle. Doing so will tell us that Media Express is in fact seeing the device.

Next thing you need to do is make sure that your input is set appropriately. You mentioned using HDMI. Go to Control Panel -> Blackmagic (may have to change the view options) and make sure your input is set to HDMI video and HDMI Audio.

After that you need to know what format your camera is outputting. You didn't specify but a quick check shows that camera to support native 1080p60. You cannot capture this format with the Intensity Shuttle USB3. So you will have to set the camera to output 1080i59.94 or 60. Either way once you get this set you can move to the next step.

Open Media Express and go to Edit -> Preferences. Now set Media Express to either 1080i59.94 or 60 (as above). Click okay and you'll drop back to the main Media Express view.

Click on the capture tab (you'll be default on the green playback tab) and you should be seeing input.

Okay..so start there, assuming there are no compatibility issues this should get you to see video in the capture window.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started