Battery Converter HDMI to SDI

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Terje Rian

Battery Converter HDMI to SDI

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 pm

Hello,

I just received a Blackmagic Design Battery Converter. Strangely enough the product didn't include a manual.
And on the BD website, the downloadable manual doesn't mention the Battery Converter at all. It's a simple product to use, but it would really be nice to know how the battery charger work, how long the adapter need to be charged and if there are any special gotchas to be aware of. So are there any tips to be shared about the battery converter?

Best,
-terje

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Battery Converter HDMI to SDI

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 pm

There's not really anything to watch out for. Plug it in to charge. It won't hurt it to leave it plugged in. Should charge fully in a few hours. The manual flip switch is to turn it off when it is on battery mode so that you can keep your charge longer.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Terje Rian

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 9:52 am

Hello Joshua,

Thank your for your reply. Flip switch? Are we talking about the same product? There isn't any flip switch on this model, I'm afraid. Have I bought an "out dated model" or what?

Update: No wonder I don't find any flip switch on the unit. I've received the Mini Converter Heavy Duty version, which looks exactly like the battery version (but larger). Well, I guess I have to return it. Hopefully I'll receive the correct product the next time :-)

Thanks.

Best,
-terje

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 pm

trian wrote:Update: No wonder I don't find any flip switch on the unit. I've received the Mini Converter Heavy Duty version, which looks exactly like the battery version (but larger). Well, I guess I have to return it. Hopefully I'll receive the correct product the next time :-)

YIKES!!! Yeah....'aint no battery in that one!
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started