BMPCC turns back on by itself, overheats

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Demetrius Spencer

Re: BMPCC turns back on by itself, overheats

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 3:49 pm

This is happening on my BMP4K as well. I have two of them cameras and they are both doing it. At first I thought it wasn't turning them off, but after paying it closer attention, it's the cameras.

Also just had the screen stop being responsive on my 2nd camera... no bueno

razzy26uk

PostSun Jun 21, 2015 12:42 pm

I have also had my last camera fail bcz of this problem , what happens is if you keep your finger pressed for half a second longer than it needs it will turn back on and I'm my case it was in my bag the touchscreen failed a few days later , easy fix for this write to the FW that you need to take your finger off the button and depress again before it switches back on , this is a serious design flaw

razzy26uk

PostSun Jun 21, 2015 12:44 pm

Mine is also the bmpc 4k
You should also write to the fw the ability to navigate and edit settings via the buttons for when the touch screen dies again as this is my biggest concern that when the warranty is up you don't have a service centre to repair such faults, I could live without the touch navigations but having a camera stuck at ISO 200 WB56000 pro res hq is no good it then becomes a brick

Evgenios Zosimov

PostSun Jun 21, 2015 1:06 pm

I have sold all my BMCCs and got myself a RED EPIC DRAGON...

Ben Ericson

PostTue Jun 23, 2015 7:08 am

Evgenios Zosimov wrote:I have sold all my BMCCs and got myself a RED EPIC DRAGON...

Did you own like 15 of them? :lol:

Ellory Yu

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 4:55 am

+1 on the power off and back on issue. I have the latest firmware installed but it still doing it intermittently. I think it is a bug or defect of the camera and have learned to live with it. I don't think BMD will do anything to fix it since they have new cameras on the market and less support for the old ones.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor
Previous

Return to Getting Started