No passthrough on shuttle usb 3.0

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

xMrFacex

No passthrough on shuttle usb 3.0

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 2:53 am

Ive looked all over for an answer and cant seem to find one. :/ i have a blackmagic intensity shuttle usb 3.0 and im connecting it to my xbox 360 and im not getting any passthrough :( im connecting with an hdmi 24gb/s monster cable and ofcourse the usb 3.0 to my pc.

xMrFacex

Re: No passthrough on shuttle usb 3.0

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 3:51 am

i started to get a passthrough but its only a black screen. and nothing on the media express either

Liam Kennedy

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 6:40 am

Need more information please.

You only get pass-thru if you have configured the correct video mode for the source inside of the Blackmagic Design Control Panel.

What settings have you selected there (for the Default Video standard and other settings as appropriate).

What video mode is your XBOX running in?

Also... you have to be running Media Express (or some other capture software) and viewing the video for it to appear on the pass-thru.

And... unless you see the video in Media Express... you won't ever see anything on the Pass Thru.

This all indicates you have not set things up properly in the control panel + media express.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

xMrFacex

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 2:43 pm

Oh thats another thing, i keep hearing about this control panel for it and no one ever says where its at or where to download it. the only thing that came in the download from the website was media express.

also you actually can get pass through to the tv but not media express. ive read more than several cases where people had that problem.

Liam Kennedy

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 pm

It's installed WITH it..nothing else to install. Have you tried to find it? It's also usually helpful to read the manual... As this information is provided there.

It also helps to know if you are running windows or Mac because it's called slightly different things. My guess is you are using windows...but the USB drivers have recently been made available for Mac.

On windows bring up the start menu and type "Blackmagic Design Control Panel" on a Mac I believe it is called blackmagic preferences.

xMrFacex

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm

yes i have done that previously and just again, nothing comes up with a control panel, and i uninstalled and re installed the media and still nothing. and yes i am using windows.

Liam Kennedy

PostTue Nov 12, 2013 5:39 pm

Sounds like the drivers have not installed correctly... in which case your computers USB3 port may not be compatible with the shuttle. Check the (thousands) of posts here about that. Just do a search for USB3 Shuttle.

Adam Simmons

PostWed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 am

Maybe if you gave the specs of your machine and version of Windows it might help
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Juan Gasulla

PostThu Jul 06, 2017 3:53 pm

I have the same problem with the difference that i can capture an image with media express, however the video output is always black.

Thanks

Return to Getting Started