Connect ATEM Television Studio to MacBook Pro

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

clarkhill

Connect ATEM Television Studio to MacBook Pro

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 7:38 pm

I haven't purchased yet....

To get the onscreen control surface on my Mac do I connect the ATEM Television Studio to my MacBook Pro Retina via the NETWORK connection?

If so, does this mean the Network connection is unavailable for connection to the internet? Or can I be connected to both via a hub? I've really never had to do much with networks so I'm very uninformed about that.

I want to switch AND Stream with Wirecast 4. Will I need to set up 2 computers - one to switch, one to stream?

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Re: Connect ATEM Television Studio to MacBook Pro

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 am

You will be utilizing the ethernet connection on the MacBook Pro. Some people direct connect to the ATEM and use a closed network, but many people also utilize a network switch to connect multiple devices. So the ATEM would be connected to the switch as well as your MacBook and whatever hardware you use to connect it to the Internet. You'll just need to configure the ATEM's IP settings to work with your currently existing network settings. That will allow you to connect to the Internet and the ATEM on the same computer.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

clarkhill

Re: Connect ATEM Television Studio to MacBook Pro

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 3:08 am

Thank you! I ordered the ATEM Television Studio today.

Planning to buy the new UltraStudio 4K Thunderbolt Capture & Playback early next year.

Return to Getting Started