LCD shade

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Prof. Roy

LCD shade

PostFri Nov 15, 2013 2:26 pm

I find it impossible to use the BMD Pocket Video CAmera in bright sun because the LCD screen becomes invisible. Is there a lens shade thAt is the right size and will work. The Delkin flip-up metal shade is too small, and does not adequately block light. People say the 3M film may work, but I find it hard to believe given the extent of the problem. I ordered this, but it is very big, and I will be surprised if it fits at all correctly: Varavon Multifinder LCD Viewfinder Set for Nikon D800. HAS ANYONE FOUND A GOOD, EFFECTIVE LCD SHADE FOR THE BMD POCKET VIDEO CAMERA???

chumpy34

Re: LCD shade

PostFri Nov 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Would be interested in this as well, just got my camera in today and went outside and couldn't make out anything on the screen, was pretty tough. However, what I did shoot was pretty awesome, amazing resolution on this thing!

Prof. Roy

PostFri Nov 15, 2013 11:30 pm

I found this:

http://kamerar.com/blogs/news/9506137-p ... iew-finder

and this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... _soft.html

I ordered them both. We will see which one works best.

K.Roach

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 7:17 pm

The shade from the ground glass of a Century Graphics 6x9 camera fits perfectly over the screen of a BMPCC. It even leaves the controls open. And it looks good.

Now I just happened to have a couple broken Century Graphics laying around but you might find a similar sized shade from a cheap 6x9 ebay camera.

I applied some tape to protect the camera finish and attached it with rubber bands. I plan on putting a hinge on top so it flips up when not in use and attaches to the top accessory shoe.

greeches

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Return to Getting Started