Decklink HD Extreme 2 - No input picture

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Julius Miller

Decklink HD Extreme 2 - No input picture

PostMon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 am

Howdy

I have got a Decklink HD Extreme 2 and I cant seem to get any picture in Media Express.

I have tried composite and HDMI and neither gives me an image in Media Express.

I have changed the settings in System Prefs for the BM card. For composite capture I have set the input to "Composite Video" and video standard to "PAL". In the Media Express prefs I set project format to PAL. I connect my camera via composite cable to the "Y in" green breakout cable. I would imagine then I should get a picture on the screen from my camera but I get nothing???

I have tried the HMDI as well and adjusted the settings etc but no go.

I have checked in System Profiler and the card shows up in slot 4 where it is installed.

I have also run the Expansion Slot Utility and that says the card is running properly.

In the BM Desktop Video settings it lists my card at the top so I assume it is installed an recognised by the system correctly.

I am on a Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.8 12gig ram and oodles of RAID space.

I have got the latest drivers from the BM website (9.9.2). I know it says these are not for OSX 10.6.8 BUT I have also tried older versions back to 9.5.3.

Any suggestions?

Am I just being a goose with some settings?

Could the card be stuffed?

Thanks in advance.

Adam Simmons

Re: Decklink HD Extreme 2 - No input picture

PostMon Nov 18, 2013 7:17 am

Do you have both HDMI and Composite plugged in at the camera end at the same time? If so try removing the HDMI cable as I have found some cameras don't allow you to have both connected at the same time.
What make and model is the camera?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Julius Miller

Re: Decklink HD Extreme 2 - No input picture

PostMon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 am

Hi there

No only one cable plugged in at a time.

I am using a 5d MKII but have tried other sources as well including Canon HFS10 and VCR players.

Thanks

pelagos

Return to Getting Started