Intensity Extreme with 10.8.2 and AMC 6.5 ???

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

saroyan

Intensity Extreme with 10.8.2 and AMC 6.5 ???

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 9:21 am

Hi,
I'm using a brand new iMac (10.8.2) with Avid Media Composer 6.5. I've plugged a Blackmagic Intensity Extreme (Desktop Video 9.6.4 installed) for monitoring. But there isn't any signal. It seems that the Mac doesn't recognize the Blackmagic (About this Mac > Thunderbolt : nothing connected). Anybody knows how to fix it ?
Thanks a lot.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Extreme with 10.8.2 and AMC 6.5 ???

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 pm

First thing to check is to see if you can get it to work in Media Express (we bundle it with our drivers so it's already installed).

That will be the easiest thing to see if it's working. I'm concered if you are not seeing it under the thunderbolt section in the system profiler. If it doesn't show up here, I highly doubt the system is even seeing the device.

Is the light near the thunderbolt connection lit up? Because this devices is buss powered obviously you cannot be using one of the 30m fibre thunderbolt cables. It's an iMac so the thunderbolt port should be providing plenty of power. But can you check the other TB port?
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

joshv1288

Re: Intensity Extreme with 10.8.2 and AMC 6.5 ???

PostSun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Im having the same issue with 10.8.2 my TB is plugged in and lit is on on my Extreme. I usually have to restart 1-2 times before it works. This happens both on 10.8.2 and Bootcamp

Return to Getting Started