Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - Possible Support for 1080p60

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

PSNation

Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - Possible Support for 1080p60

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm

I need to find out if there's any way that the Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt can support 1080p 60 in the future? The device is used for directly capturing game footage, and the PS4 sends 1080 at 60 frames via HDMI. We have a test kit that allows HDCP to be disabled, and I've tried just about every combination to see if it will work. The best I can do is 720p60, anything higher and the Intensity simply will not work.

Please Blackmagic, let us know if there's a chance of a firmware/software upgrade, or we'll be forced to look for a different device. Thanks.

Glenn
PS Nation

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt - Possible Support for 108

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 8:35 pm

The hardware on this device can support 1080p 50/60, but we have not yet implemented. It's been a requested feature for some time. I don't have any information on when we may be able to implement this feature.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

PSNation

PostThu Dec 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Quite frankly, it won't even work at 720p unless I run it through a processor first. You folks need to look into this sooner than later. The option to turn HDCP off is coming very soon to PS4 retail units, and 9 users out of 10 will basically think that it won't work, and they'll go elsewhere.

We've used Blackmagic for years to capture all of our footage, but with Elgato and Avermedia offering solutions today, albeit not as good in terms of recording quality, we'll have no choice but to move to one of those devices, which we DON'T want to do.

Riekelt Goucem

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 6:13 pm

That my be true PSNation, but will it offer the quality that Elgato and Avermedia offer over a USB 2.0 cable?

PSNation

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 6:21 pm

HKboy wrote:That my be true PSNation, but will it offer the quality that Elgato and Avermedia offer over a USB 2.0 cable?

Well, 2 things, right now the Intensity Shuttle is useless for PS4 except at 720 when I run it through a separate processor

Second, the Avermedia supports uncompressed via USB 3.0, and it already works at full 1080p60. I'm forced to use it today for a livestream even.

PSNation

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 4:56 am

Joshua Helling wrote:The hardware on this device can support 1080p 50/60, but we have not yet implemented. It's been a requested feature for some time. I don't have any information on when we may be able to implement this feature.

Is this EVER going to happen??

Return to Getting Started