HDMI to SDI converter challenges

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

unveilgroup

HDMI to SDI converter challenges

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 8:21 am

Hi,

Please we want to send out the output from a laptop quite a distance into our video hub and then to our atem television studio. Because of the distance we cannot use hdmi cable directly so we are using the hdmi - sdi converter to send to the hub. The hd-sdi signal actually shows when connected to a smartview duo monitor but doesnt show when connected to the Atem television studio hd-sdi or even the video hub. Even when i tried sending from the smartview video output while the signal is showing on the screen it still doesnt show in the hub or television studio.Please what can i do?

Liam Kennedy

Re: HDMI to SDI converter challenges

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Are you certain the HDMI output from the laptop is running at the exact same format your ATEM is configured at?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

KipDraper

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 10:55 pm

if so...

quite a distance

cam to converter (HDMI) length?
conv to hub distance?

Have you swapped around 1.) HDMI cables (mini-to-HDMI cable instead of adapter, vice-versa, 6', 3', from several different quality-manuf [Atlona flat is 100% reliability up to 30' on 1 M/E & VIXIAs for me, to date], etc.), then if no change, 2.) SDI cables of a few diff. manuf.

Christine Peterson

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Unveilgroup, please don't double post. I'm locking two versions of this thread, so please refer to this version to discuss this issue: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1676
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Return to Getting Started