Daisy chaining thunderbolt and the Mini Monitor question

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

MikeC

Daisy chaining thunderbolt and the Mini Monitor question

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 5:30 pm

Hi BMD and everyone,

I'm trying to get my setup all figured out and I've just recently come across a problem. I noticed that I have no problem using the mini monitor to output video to my second screen when it's attached directly to my MacBook Pro's thunderbolt port. Like this: MBP > Mini Monitor > 2nd Monitor

BUT if I try to get my RAID involved, I can't get the video signal any more. So when my set up is like this: MBP > Pegasus R4 > Mini Monitor > 2nd Monitor

I've checked the 2nd port of the Pegasus R4 and it works fine. So I was wondering if this is something that just bled-in to the mini monitor? If so, is there another way to hook this up so I can use my RAID (and view the video on the 2nd monitor) while grading?

Here's my specs:

MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB RAM
OSX 10.8.5
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB
CUDA Driver: 5.5.28

Thanks for the info!

MikeC

Re: Daisy chaining thunderbolt and the Mini Monitor question

PostThu Jan 09, 2014 6:17 am

No one's ever tried to do this? If not, it would be awesome to hear how some of you guys have set up your thunderbolt raid and daisy-chained your mini-monitor to use a second screen. Maybe I just need a different setup! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Hustle.Film

PostMon Jul 02, 2018 3:04 am

MikeC Did you ever get this resolve or working? I was just wondering the same thing.

Cheers.

Carlos Raya

PostThu Jun 27, 2019 2:12 pm

I was asking the same thing. Did you sort it out? How?

Return to Getting Started