Problems with Install

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
rbaker

Problems with Install

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 1:24 am

Having some problems getting the firmware to update on my Black Magic Intensity Pro Cards. I have two but trying to get first one up and running first.

This is a new card in a new machine.

HPE h8-1320t
Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz
64 bit OS
Win 7
AMD Radeon HD 7450 graphics card
1TB b7200 RPM SATA HD
300 watt power supply
6GB DDR3-1600 DIMM Ram

The driver installs fine but after reboot it tries to update the firmware on the card and I keep getting an error that the firmware is unable to update, please restart and try and again.

I have resetted the card, reinstalled the newest drivers, multiple times, with Virus protection and firewall turned off and user is setup for never notify. This is an admin user.

Downloaded the latest driver 9.6.5.0 and still getting the same results. Unboxed the second card and went through the same steps with the same results. Also tried another PCIe slot on the motherboard.

Esa Kranz

Re: Problems with Install

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Do you have any other computer you could try?
If your problem is only in firmware update, installing driver & updating firmware on another machine could get you over that obstacle. Once firmware is paired with current driver, your computer stops attempting this update.
Some high performance motherboards have adjustable settings in BIOS for slot timing. Check manual first and especially read how to reset to default settings! Some adjustments may prevent computer from booting, so you may need to go back to defaults. If your computer has already been "tuned", default settings might solve problem.
Esa Kranz
Product Manager at Hedcom
Blackmagic Reseller, Finland
www.hedcom.fi/home

Return to Getting Started