Help plz

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

CompetitiveWarehouse

Help plz

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 am

Hello,

I'v bought the black magic because i seen some great reviews on the product. I play xbox 360 and have problems playing on 720 i feel like it is slower then when i play on 1440 x 900 is their anyway to set the capture card up so i can play on this setting and record in a lower frame rate? I'm dumbed that this is a problem and if you are a staff of this website you should consider adding this to your next model i would buy it.

If their is a way can you please give me a link on how to set it up or guide me how to do so, when i have it on the 1440 setting i get black screen and it wont register yet it can play in 1080p? im confused is this an entirely different setting?

Please help me. Also if you know a model that can record this please submit it.

Esa Kranz

Re: Help plz

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

You did not specify which particular model you have bought, but I am guessing it is either Intensity PCIe card or the same Intensity series external box and you are using HDMI in ?
You should have been told that these products accept only Broadcast standard resolutions, not each and every possible HDMI resolution you can come up with. Please check the specification of product in question to find out the compatible modes.
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/
Esa Kranz
Product Manager at Hedcom
Blackmagic Reseller, Finland
www.hedcom.fi/home

CompetitiveWarehouse

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 am

Hello,

You are correct about the model it is the intenicy pro.

Can you please link me to the one that will actually handle off the the hdmi resolutions. I would hate to purchase the wrong model again. Thank you for your feed back also it was very helpful.

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Eitherway, our products only support broadcast resolutions. The resolution you are discussing is a storage resolution that is used primarily in HDV (though some HDCam used it albeit a different compression scheme). Either way, a 1440x1080 resolution is always played out via HDMI, component or SDI as 1920x1080 (typically interlaced 59.94).

So your Xbox is perfectly capable of playing out either 1280x720p60, 1920x1080i59.94 or 1920x1080p59.94. However the Intensity Pro's upper resolution limit is 1920x1080p29.97. So the nearest matching format in your case will be to set both devices to play at 1920x1080i59.94. You can use this via component or HDMI.

We do this daily in our labs and people all over do it all the time. If you need help getting setup you can contact our support office and our agents can help you get setup.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Getting Started