HDMI to Ethernet

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

fmtjesup

HDMI to Ethernet

PostThu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm

I am looking at purchasing the ATEM Television Studio for my CATV system. We have an IPTV middleware. So I need to take the HDMI output of the ATEM and convert it to IP. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Richard Crowley

Re: HDMI to Ethernet

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 3:21 am

Not clear what you are asking? "HDMI to Ethernet" and "HDMI...to I.P." aren't really defined.

Do you mean that you want to take the video signal and stream it to other people on the public internet?

Or does "HDMI to Ethernet" mean that you want to use a CAT5 cable to extend the HDMI connection?
Or does "HDMI...to I.P." mean that you want to packetize the digital video and transmit it over a LAN?

Please explain what you are trying to do at a higher level so we can guess what you mean.

fmtjesup

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 5:39 am

Richard Crowley wrote:Not clear what you are asking? "HDMI to Ethernet" and "HDMI...to I.P." aren't really defined.

Do you mean that you want to take the video signal and stream it to other people on the public internet?

Or does "HDMI to Ethernet" mean that you want to use a CAT5 cable to extend the HDMI connection?
Or does "HDMI...to I.P." mean that you want to packetize the digital video and transmit it over a LAN?

Please explain what you are trying to do at a higher level so we can guess what you mean.

To insert the content from the ATEM Television Studio into my IPTV cable system, I must convert one of it's HDMI outputs to a multicast IP that will be inserted into my switch/router. I wasn't sure if anyone has an HDMI/SDI to IP encoder they would recommend.

Liam Kennedy

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 am

It's definitely not something that ATEM's are built for.

It would seem to me... that answer will most likely be found by referring to the documentation related to whatever IPTV solution you have. In fact.. it might also be nice if you at the very least included some information on what that IPTV system is that you are using.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Getting Started