BlackMagic Camera App Focus Assist

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

dana_actual

BlackMagic Camera App Focus Assist

PostTue Oct 03, 2023 1:24 pm

When I press the record button all the screen info disappears and I can not use the focus assist feature, is there a setting that keeps this active while recording?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: BlackMagic Camera App Focus Assist

PostSat Oct 07, 2023 9:29 am

If you swipe on the screen the hud disappears, or displays.
Is that your issue?
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Yokissa

PostWed Nov 08, 2023 3:27 am

Hi, I get that the HUD can be hide by a gesture, but it seems there's no option to keep the focus assist indication on while recording right now. If the option is indeed not present, It would be nice if this could be added in the next update, as iPhone has a much better screen than most expensive external monitors, and manual focusing needs those false colours.

sam_gh

PostSat Feb 03, 2024 2:01 pm

As far as I remember, the focus peaking has worked on the older version of the app when I first installed it. Now, when I really wanted to use it in a production, I cannot get it working no matter what. no focus peaking in any color regardless of what I choose. I would really like someone from Blackmagic to answer to this question. Why would there the option for it if its not functioning at all? Other than this, I am very happy with everything else.
Thank you!

Return to Getting Started