Projects lost after system recovery

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Sempervivum

Projects lost after system recovery

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 2:10 pm

Hi there,
two days ago I upgraded Davinci from V17 to V18. Unfortunately my Windows 10 installation broke afterwards (probably not caused by that upgrade). I did a system recovery which fixed the issue with windows. Unfortunately additionally Davince was downgraded to V17 and all of my projects had disappeared, the projects window is empty, only "Untitled Project" visible.
Is there a way to get my projects back?
I suspect that there is some issue with the paths, however I do not know where projects are located and where I can change the paths.
Best regards, Ulrich Bangert
Davinci Resolve 17 V 17.3.1 Build 5
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 6600
AMD 1700X Eight Core

carlomacchiavello

Re: Projects lost after system recovery

PostSat Dec 09, 2023 9:31 pm

Sempervivum wrote:Hi there,
two days ago I upgraded Davinci from V17 to V18. Unfortunately my Windows 10 installation broke afterwards (probably not caused by that upgrade). I did a system recovery which fixed the issue with windows. Unfortunately additionally Davince was downgraded to V17 and all of my projects had disappeared, the projects window is empty, only "Untitled Project" visible.
Is there a way to get my projects back?
I suspect that there is some issue with the paths, however I do not know where projects are located and where I can change the paths.
Best regards, Ulrich Bangert
Try to search another database with your old project, seems windows recovery disconnect your resolve from its database then it build newer.
I hope for you that you have choose a custom path, then now it start with clean database.
Anyway, if you want to work with windows you have three choose:
1) never connect to internet or Os update windows or driver or both and this mess up your life
2) be more nerd tech and stop update from control panel and from registry, and don’t forget to do the same with video driver or before or later you find problems
3) install a firewall that block every windows connection from Os, from nvidia or amd to avoid update
Many people told I’m too exaggerated but … I work without big troubles under windows, under macOS and under Linux. Old school to control and decide update only when you want give you less trouble

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Getting Started