Canadians better buy Studio-ver from a reseller until...

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Sylvain 2023

Canadians better buy Studio-ver from a reseller until...

PostThu Dec 14, 2023 10:49 pm

Blackmagic is trying to fix an issue with canadian payments on their website, your money gets "pending" by Paypal and they can't access it ! Afterward a very nice guy at Blackmagic apologized for the 30 day wait for refund and directed me to a reseller in my region to buy Davinci Studio, furthermore he was able to get my pending order canceled so I won't wait as long for Paypal refund, thanks again !
QUESTION : better uninstall free version before Studio ; what steps to make sure I don' t loose 2 projects videos I made with Free when I uninstall it ?

ajdm99

Re: Canadians better buy Studio-ver from a reseller until...

PostMon Dec 18, 2023 9:10 pm

I am in Canada too and I just dealt with this same issue. What a headache! I spent half of my day trying to wrap my mind around this. I got charged by PayPal THREE times!!! Because of it I got a warning from my bank that I exceeded my credit limit and that I will be charged. BMD should post this issue on their page front and center... Such a mess, I was really excited to dive into all the studio features. Hopefully it gets fixed on my end, so far when I called in for help PayPal and BMD are just pointing fingers at each other, no funds have been reversed or refunded yet. I can't use my card until those three charges get reversed...

Sylvain 2023

Re: Canadians better buy Studio-ver from a reseller until...

PostWed Dec 20, 2023 11:38 pm

Best way with BlackMagic is by email ; you politely ask your " Email agent " that he makes a request to blackMagic admin to cancel your 3 orders on their end. In my case the "guy" emailed me back a few hours after saying that they were able to do so,, then I tought "ok now i must wait that Paypal receives the cancelation and then wait 30 days to refund my bank or debit card,, but less than a week after, my money came back in my bank account ! Then I search for a BMD reseller in my region, found a boutique, called them to make sure, made the deal with interact and they sent me the Resolve Studio key by Email.
I' m sure they can do the same anywhere in Canada :
APY MTL, 5000 rue D’Iberville suite 216
Montréal, Qc, H2H 2S6​ -Canada , Tél. : ​​+1 (514) 284 3004​
Courriel: richard.nguyen@apy-groupe.com
Site internet: https://apy-groupe.ca/fr/

Return to Getting Started