Blackmagic Camera App issues

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

runbei

Blackmagic Camera App issues

PostSun Dec 24, 2023 4:21 am

The Blackmagic Camera App has a wonderful user interface - immediately clear and efficient. Congratulations. However, I'm puzzled that the App seems to take over command when I would rather it didn't. For example, when I set a shutter angle of 180, the next time I start the app I find that it has changed to 173 or some such figure. When I tap Lock, it locks everything, not just the shutter angle. (I'm using the iPhone 15 Pro.)

Another case where the app "takes over" without my bidding: when I attach the Shure MV88+ mic, the app overrides the gain setting that I have stored in the mic with the Shure Motiv app. This might not be an issue - if, for example, I would simply change settings in the Blackmagic app. But I much prefer to know at all times what the setting is, and I fear that the Blackmagic app will change my settings, given the behavior with the shutter angle.

Will Blackmagic update the firmware so that we can lock down all settings individually. The Lock button is irrelevant for me. I shoot documentaries and events with fluid action, and I don't have time to double-check settings or continually re-set the Blackmagic App's changes. Thanks for listening. Very lovely app except for these behaviors.

Return to Getting Started